New York City Property Owner Liability Attorneys
Property owners are responsible to maintain their property so it is safe for those expected to use it. A property owner can be held liable for injuries caused by negligently failing to construct or maintain the property in a safe manner.
Were You Injured on Private Property in New York?
At Weisfuse & Weisfuse, LLP, we have more than 40 years of experience holding owners of apartment buildings, commercial buildings, houses and other private structures accountable for failing to provide for the safety of their tenants and others lawfully on their property. If you have been injured because of the negligence of a property owner, contact our Manhattan property owner liability lawyers online or call 212-983-3000 for a free consultation.
Handling Dangerous Property Claims in NYC
NYC property owners are responsible to:
- Remove snow and ice
- Upkeep stair banisters, balconies, steps, floors, and walkways
- Provide proper lighting
- Maintain safe elevators
- Install and maintain smoke detectors
- Provide adequate security
- Secure fixtures
- Remove peeling lead paint from the premise
Violating building codes can be grounds of negligence. Building codes must be analyzed and could provide the basis for personal injury claims against property owners. At Weisfuse & Weisfuse, LLP, we consult professional engineers to establish code violations and deviations from safety practices.
A Record of Success Handling Property Owner Liability Claims
Our NYC property owner liability lawyers have successfully handled claims involving:
- Assaults stemming from inadequate security at apartment buildings
- Slip-and-fall accidents on ice in parking lots and on other premises
- Falls on defective steps or faulty banisters
- Injuries due to faulty ceilings and fixtures
- Injuries resulting from improper supervision
- Injuries stemming from defective elevators and escalators
- Lead poisoning from lead paint in commercial and residential properties
- Wrongful death claims stemming from unsafe electrical wiring and absence of smoke detectors
Our premises liability law firm even represented people who suffer respiratory illnesses due to the demolition of a building. The debris was not hosed down and dust contaminated our clients’ work area. The building where our clients worked did not have a proper filtration system, and the air handling system was not properly adjusted to prevent the debris from contaminating our clients’ work space. We know how to prove fault in highly complex premises liability claims.
Contact Our Manhattan Premises Liability Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you were injured on private property in New York City, we can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and other damages. Contact our New York City premises liability attorneys online or call 212-983-3000 for a free consultation.